Before Your Appointment
Thank you for choosing Eyes of York! When you book an appointment with us, you should receive an email notification with your scheduled date and time, as well as forms to complete in advance of your visit. We will also provide you with any special instructions needed to prepare for your appointment.
- If you cannot complete the forms before your visit, please arrive 15 minutes early to complete paperwork in our offices.
- If you are unable to keep your appointment date, please notify us at least 24 hours in advance.
Preparing for Your Cataract Appointment
Cataract appointments typically last at least 2 hours. Here is how to prepare:
- We highly recommend using Artificial Tears a few times a day for a week or two prior to this visit. A healthy and lubricated cornea will ensure better quality measurements. Artificial tears can be found at any local pharmacy or grocery store. Feel free to purchase brand name or generic drops, but please avoid Visine or Murine.
- Please Bring the Following to Your Appointment:
- Completed forms
- ID card
- Insurance card (in case other eye conditions are identified)
- List of current medications
- Your eyes may be dilated at your appointment. Please bring a driver with you if you think you will not be able to drive home safely with sunglasses.
- Contact Lenses must be discontinued prior to your evaluation. Depending on the type of lenses you wear (i.e. soft, hard, gas permeable, toric) the amount of time will differ. If you are unsure of how long your contact lenses must be out prior to your appointment, please call our office at 717-767-2000.